1. H2O! Drinking eight pints of ice water a day will cause your body to expend 123 calories of heat to warm that water to body temperature. When it comes to water, the colder, the better
2. Toss in Spices! Research shows that chili peppers can boost your metabolic rate, causing the body to burn 50 more calories a day.
3.. Fidget! Are you a foot tapper? Great, you’re in luck. On average, fidgeting can burn between 300-350 extra calories per day, though that number will vary widely depending on how much you do. Pacing and talking is a big one.
4. Laugh! According to a Vanderbilt University Medical Center study, “Ten to 15 minutes of laughter could increase energy expenditure by 10 to 40 calories per day, which could translate into about four pounds a year.”
5. Do your chores! Pick a chore to do every day of the week. Light housework like dusting and laundry burns up to 170 calories per hour.
6. Park Far Away! Carrying your groceries to the car yourself will help burn a few.
Although these are great little tips, they still do not take the place of exercise. Mix in a few of these everyday calorie burners with a regular workout and you’ll be a calorie blasting machine.